'Indian democracy is alive & kicking' - happily notes KJS Chatrath

 Let me start with a little backgrounder. I am 81+ and stay in Panchkula, Haryana. Today is the day of voting for membership of Haryana Assembly (MLAs).

I had made it a point to stay in Panchkula on this day to cast my vote and take part in the festival of democracy. 

I put an alarm for 5 am and got up. Made my cuppa and then got ready. By 5 minutes to 7, I was at the polling booth. There was not much of rush and in any case an old man coming enthusiastically to vote at 7 am was an amusing sight for some.

The process of voting was uneventful and I found the staff on duty polite, knowledgeable and helpful.

 

Yes this the proof that I voted. Of course I am not going to tell you whom did I vote for.

Back in my flat I settled for another cup of tea and started going through the newspapers which had since arrived. And look what did I find!

 

                                      Indian Express, Chandigarh, October 5, 2024.

 My reassuring take is that democracy is alive and kicking in India.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Some stunning AI portraits by Polish painter Dorota Piotrowiak' - shared by KJS Chatrath

'Unexplained deaths of a number of Indian soldiers & non-combatants in France after Armistice on 11th November 1918' - by K J S Chatrath

Arthuna- a cluster of gems waiting to be 'discovered' - by K J S Chatrath

Total Pageviews